Here’s a protected strategy to save your cash that you’ve no concept when you have to to make use of it, or your emergency fund.
The March 2022’s SSB bonds yield an rate of interest of 1.79%/yr for the subsequent 10 years. You’ll be able to apply by ATM or Web Banking by way of the three banks (UOB, OCBC, DBS)
Nonetheless, in the event you solely maintain the SSB bonds for 1 yr, with 2 semi-annual funds, your rate of interest is 0.59%/yr.
$10,000 will develop to $11,812 in 10 years.
This bond is backed by the Singapore Authorities and it’s accessible to Singaporeans.
A single individual can personal no more than SG$200,000 value of Singapore Financial savings Bonds. It’s also possible to use your Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) account to buy.
You will discover out extra data in regards to the SSB right here.
Word that each month, there will likely be a brand new subject you possibly can subscribe to by way of ATM. The 1 to 10-year yield you’re going to get will differ from this month’s ladder as proven above.
Final month’s bond yields 1.64%/yr for 10 years and 0.52%/yr for 1 yr.
Right here is the present historic SSB 10 Yr Yield Curve with the 1 Yr Yield Curve since Oct 2015 when SSB was began (Click on on the chart, transfer over the road to see the precise yield for that month):
The Utility and Redemption Schedule
You’ll apply for the bonds by the month. On the finish of the month, you’ll know the way lots of the bonds you utilized had been profitable.
Right here is the schedule for software and redemption in the event you want to promote:
You’ve 02 to in regards to the twenty fifth of the month (technically the 4th day from the final working day of the month) to use or resolve to redeem the SSB that you simply want to redeem.
Your bond will likely be in your CDP on the first of the subsequent month. You will note your money in your checking account linked to your CDP account on the first of subsequent month.
How does the Singapore Financial savings Bonds Examine versus SGS Bonds versus Singapore Treasury Payments?
Singapore financial savings bonds are like a “unit belief” or a “fund” of SGS Bonds.
However what’s the distinction between you shopping for SGS Bonds and its sister the T-Payments immediately?
Each the SGS Bonds and T-Payments are additionally issued by the Authorities and are AAA rated.
Here’s a MAS detailed comparability of the three:
What’s these Singapore Financial savings Bonds? Learn my previous write-ups:
- This Singapore Financial savings Bonds: Liquidity, Greater Returns and Authorities Backing. Dream?
- Extra particulars of the Singapore Financial savings Bond. Seems to be like my Emergency Funds now
- Singapore Financial savings Bonds Max Holding Restrict is $200,000 for now. Apply by way of DBS, OCBC, UOB ATM
- Singapore Financial savings Bonds’ Inflation Safety Skills
- Some directions on methods to apply for the Singapore Financial savings Bonds
Previous Problems with SSB and their Charges:
I invested in a diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds (ETF) and shares listed within the US, Hong Kong and London.
My most well-liked dealer to commerce and custodize my investments is Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers can help you commerce within the US, UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and plenty of different markets. Choices as nicely. There aren’t any minimal month-to-month prices, very low foreign exchange charges for foreign money trade, very low commissions for varied markets.
To seek out out extra go to Interactive Brokers immediately.
Be part of the Funding Moats Telegram channel right here. I’ll share the supplies, analysis, funding information, offers that I come throughout that allow me to run Funding Moats.
Do Like Me on Fb. I share some tidbits that aren’t on the weblog put up there typically. It’s also possible to select to subscribe to my content material by way of the e-mail under.
I break down my sources in line with these matters:
- Constructing Your Wealth Basis – If you realize and apply these easy monetary ideas, your long run wealth must be fairly nicely managed. Discover out what they’re
- Lively Investing – For lively inventory buyers. My deeper ideas from my inventory investing expertise
- Studying about REITs – My Free “Course” on REIT Investing for Freshmen and Seasoned Buyers
- Dividend Inventory Tracker – Monitor all of the widespread 4-10% yielding dividend shares in SG
- Free Inventory Portfolio Monitoring Google Sheets that many love
- Retirement Planning, Monetary Independence and Spending down cash – My deep dive into how a lot you might want to obtain these, and the other ways you may be financially free
- Providend – The place I at present work doing analysis. Charge-Solely Advisory. No Commissions. Monetary Independence Advisers and Retirement Specialists. No cost for the primary assembly to grasp the way it works